Gaining Early Awareness & Readiness
for Undergraduate Programs
Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP) provides services and academic support to all students in the graduating classes of 2026 & 2027 at our HOH V partner schools. These are current 8th & 9th grade students for the 2022-23 academic year.
About HOH V GEAR UP
The college and career journey for your student(s) is an ongoing process and starts
as early as the 6th grade. Your student will spend a significant amount of time preparing for the next steps in their educational journey throughout their middle school and high school years. Know that you are not alone! We at the Harvest of hope GEAR UP Programs are here to help you and your students achieve the dream of academic success and attending post-secondary education. We offer help in academic success, career exploration, finding options for paying for college, and many other programs, classes, and services.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSAre There Any Costs?
No, there are no costs to participate in GEARUP services.
Who does our program serve?
GEAR UP is a federally funded program dedicated to providing academic support, guidance, and financial aid knowledge for all cohort students through middle school, high school, and the first year of college
Is there an application process?
No, there is no paperwork to complete. Cohort students are automatically enrolled to receive services.
GEAR UP HIGHLIGHTS
- Washington State University, September 2021
- Columbia Basin College & The REACH Museum, October 2021
- Eastern Washington University, November 2021
- Central Washington University, March 2022
- Gonzaga University, May 2022
- Gonzaga University, July 2022
- Washington State University Tri-Cities, August 2022
- Mission to Mars Lego Robotics; June - July 2021
- Marvel Math; July - August 2021
- Exploration Station Lego Robotics; June 2022
- Minions Math; July - August 2022
- Virtual Question & Answer, March 2021
- Virtual College Night, April 2021
- National GEAR UP Week Activities
- September 20-24, 2021
- College Bound Night, January 2022
- PI Day (Math Night) Family Event, March 2022
- Career Showcase, April 2022
- After School Programs
- After School Tutoring
- College & Career Committee
(509) 766-2661 ext. 2186
(se habla español)
- Academic Coaching
- Campus Tours
- Career Exploration
- College and Career Planning
- College Readiness Activities
- Family Engagement Programs
- Financial Aid Preparation and Planning
- Guidance on Post-Secondary Admissions
- Interest Surveys
- Leadership Programs & Camps
- Summer STEM Programs & Camps
- Teacher Professional
- Test Prep
DOWNLOAD A BROCHURE